Apache Kafka is a next-generation distributed messaging platform ideally suited to moving massive volumes of data. Its distributed, fault-tolerant design makes it ideally suited for deployment in cloud environments.
As Kafka adopts a fundamentally different set of design decisions to that of a regular messaging system such as ActiveMQ, people coming to it from a messaging background are often surprised that it does not behave according to their existing mental models.
Ameliant provides Apache Kafka consulting, to help you answer questions such as:
- How do we set up our cluster for resiliency?
- How do we ensure consistent throughput, and fair distribution of messages amongst consumers?
- How do we prevent the network being flooded with traffic?
- What do we need to do ensure that we do not lose messages, and that they are processed once-and-only-once?
- How do we replicate data between geographically separate clusters?
- Why is our setup running out of disk?
- How do we connect Kafka into our technology stack?
Ameliant are a Confluent Consulting Premier Partner.
Confluent, founded by the creators of Apache™ Kafka™, enables organizations to harness business value from stream data. Confluent Platform manages the barrage of stream data and makes it available throughout an organization. It provides various industries, from retail, logistics and manufacturing, to financial services and online social networking, a scalable, unified, real-time data pipeline that enables applications ranging from large volume data integration to big data analysis with Hadoop to real-time stream processing. Backed by Benchmark, Data Collective, Index Ventures and LinkedIn, Confluent is based in Palo Alto, California. To learn more, please visit www.confluent.io. Download Apache Kafka and Confluent Platform at www.confluent.io/download.