Apache Camel Training London
As part of our Camel On Tour initiative, we will be delivering open-enrollment Apache Camel training in London from 2-4 September 2015.
This is an opportunity to access specialized training for companies who would like to develop a Camel capability in-house, or who have new Camel developers joining an existing team that they would like to bring up to speed, but do not have the resources or size requirements to run a full course in-house.
The course will be delivered by our principal consultant Jakub Korab, author of the Apache Camel Developer’s Cookbook. The material is centered around the ideas of Effective Integration; integrations cannot merely connect systems, to avoid data loss and ensure consistency they must be designed and written to compensate for failures in partner systems and of the processing nodes running the integration code.
The training approach is wholly hands-on, alternating between white-boarded explanations and live-coding with lots of opportunity to write fully functional integration code. The course covers:
- Camel Fundamentals – Routes, DSLs, endpoints, components, processors
- Testing– working from first principles with no support classes, Camel test support, mocking, debugging and AOP
- Routing with Enterprise Integration Patterns – Content Based Router, Filter, Enricher, Recipient List, Dynamic Router and others
- Data Transformations – transforming through expressions, data formats, manual Java transformation, using endpoints for XSLT, and deciding on which options are suitable in what circumstances
- Error Handling – try-catch, error handlers, compensating operations and redelivery
- Splitting and Aggregating – Splitter, Aggregator, Composed Message Processor, impacts of parallel processing
- Transactions, idempotency and compensation – dealing with the impact of failure on transactional resources such as databases and message brokers, and non-transactional systems such as web services
Course places are priced at £1750 per person excluding VAT, and due to the course format are limited to 10 places. For further details, or to book a spot, please get in touch.